The Board approved the new Validation Guide and Validation Procedures
Description: The Board approved the new Validation Guide and Validation Procedures upon recommendation of the Validation Committee.
1. The Validation Guide
The Validation Guide (previously the “Standard Terms of Reference for Validators”) provides guidance to the EITI Board on assessing EITI requirements. The guide has been updated in accordance with the 2016 EITI Standard. There are no substantive changes. Most of the changes relate to the numbering of provisions.
2. Validation Procedures
The procedures include:
- A standardised procedure for data collection and stakeholder consultation by the EITI International Secretariat. The first phase of the Validation process is initial data collection and stakeholder consultation undertaken by the EITI International Secretariat. A standardised procedure is proposed to guide this work, drawing on the existing procedure for Secretariat Reviews.
- Procedure for the procurement of Validators, including standardised terms of reference. The second phase of the Validation process is independent Validation. The EITI Board appoints an independent Validator, who will review batches of validations in accordance with a schedule to be agreed by the EITI Board. The proposed procedure is set out in standardised terms of reference for the Validator, including details on the schedule for competitive bidding based on the World Bank guidelines for quality- and cost-based selection (QCBS).
Where: Board Circular 212
Based on: Article 12, Articles of Association
- Internal: VC Paper 01-2 Validation Guide and VC Paper 01-3 Validation Procedures (see internal page)
- Internal: Board Circular 212
- Public: EITI Validation Guide and Validation procedures