2017 was a busy year in the EITI world. In total, 217 articles were published including blog and news items. We also held three Board meetings, a global beneficial ownership conference, another "-papers"-leak, and over 20 Validations have generated a lot of traffic to our website. We have had almost 800,000 page views this year, and over 140 000 users. The Standard was downloaded 3,181 times this year, and the EITI factsheet was downloaded 2,208 times.
Here are some of the most popular news and blog items from 2017:
Most popular news items
- Azerbaijan withdraws from the EITI after being suspended
- The Philippines recognised as the first country to achieve satisfactory progress against the EITI Standard
- EITI Chair Statement on United States withdrawal from the EITI
Most popular blogs
- Colombia extractive industry advances transparency
- How EITI countries will publish real owners by 2020
- Financial modelling – the next step in EITI reconciliations?