EITI Summary Data Template
EITI Requirement 7.1.c in the EITI Standard 2016 states that multi-stakeholder groups are required to: “Make the EITI Report available in an open data format (xslx or csv) online and publicise its availability.”
In addition, section 5.4 of the Standard Terms of Reference for Independent Administrators requires the delivery of “summary data from the EITI Report electronically to the International Secretariat according to the standardised reporting format available from the International Secretariat”.
January 2015, the EITI International Secretariat published the standardised reporting format for summary data. The template (an Excel-file) is available below.
The template has 3 parts (worksheets):
- Part 1 covers the basic characteristics of the report
- Part 2 addresses availability of contextual data, in line with EITI Requirements 2-6
- Part 3 covers data on government revenues per revenue stream and company.
The section in part 3 on classification of revenue streams has been developed in collaboration with the IMF. For guidance on how to classify revenue streams:
- Consult the Technical notes, which has been drafted by the IMF in consultation with the EITI Secretariat.
- Contact the Ministry of Finance in your country, which in most cases already reports on the government revenues to the IMF in the GFS format.
- Contact the EITI Secretariat (email@example.com).
Once the Secretariat has issued this template, it should be completed in full and submitted electronically by the national secretariat to the International EITI Secretariat following the publication of the EITI Report. The data will be used to facilitate data analysis by national secretariats and will populate the global EITI Summary Data, available on the international EITI website.
The template will always represent the newest version available, as further updates to the template are expected based on feedback from EITI stakeholders and users of EITI data. Any questions or comments may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.