Ghana Validation 2018
Summary to be added at Board decision.
Timeline of Validation and related materials:
8 September 2018: Second Validation commenced.
9 January 2019: International Secretariat sends the draft assessment was sent to the Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) [English].
MSG Comments & Validation Committee Review
- 30 January 2019: The MSG provided comments [English] on the draft assessment.
- 30 January 2019: The International Secretariat finalised the assessment [English] on the basis of the MSG's comments, for review by the Validation Committee.
- 6 February 2019: The Validation Committee discussed VC Paper 71-4 [English | French] on the second Validation of Ghana.
- 13 February 2019: Validation Committee Recommendation to the Board [English, French], Board Paper 42-5
The first Validation of Ghana commenced on 1 July 2016. On 8 March 2017, the EITI Board found that Ghana had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The EITI Board established eight corrective actions related to:
- License registers (#2.3)
- State participation (#2.6)
- Production data (#3.2)
- Export data (#3.3)
- Comprehensiveness (#4.1)
- Sale of the state’s in-kind revenue (#4.2)
- Transactions related to state-owned enterprises (#4.5)
- Quasi-fiscal expenditures (#6.2).