Job announcement: Intern to work on Francophone Africa
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) International Secretariat is recruiting a full-time intern for six months to join the office in Oslo, Norway.
This position offers the chance to work in an international and vibrant working environment helping citizens of resource-rich countries benefit from their natural resources and to work on subjects at the cutting edge of development and the extractive industry.
The position covers day-to-day tasks of more administrative and organisational nature in the Francophone Africa team as well as exposure to other policy issues in the EITI International Secretariat.
The intern will be paid 170 Norwegian Kroner per hour and should expect to work 37,5 hours per week.
- Update Francophone Africa country webpages
- Develop tools to monitor progress of implementation of EITI work plan
- Support the francophone team in the preparation of trainings and Validation missions
- Prepare documents and budgets for workshops
- Other administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French
- Experience with finance and budgeting
- Experience working with websites is an advantage
- Experience working in an international environment and with international partners is an advantage
- Knowledge of the region is an added advantage
- We particularly welcome applicants from within the region, though applicants must be entitled to work in Norway.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject “Francophone Africa intern” no later than close of business on 28 February 2017. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis. Further inquiries can be directed to Brynjar Wiersholm (BWiersholm@eiti.org), Human Resources Director, at the EITI International Secretariat.