Job announcement: Regional Director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
The Extractives Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is looking a Regional Director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia in Oslo, Norway. This is an opportunity to work in an international and vibrant working environment helping citizens of resource-rich countries benefit from their natural resources and to work on subjects at the cutting edge of development and the extractive industry.
Regional Directors take responsibility to coordinate and support EITI activities, both directly by the International Secretariat and through partners, in a portfolio of countries. At present, the EITI is being implemented in 51 countries.
In addition to geographical duties, Regional Directors take the lead on specific policy and thematic issues related to extractive sector governance and support the International Secretariat’s work on management, finance, training, communication and research.
Candidates from EITI implementing and resource-rich countries are particularly encouraged to apply. Knowledge and experience of the geographical area is required.
The EITI is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. The EITI is an equal opportunities employer. Applications will be treated in confidence and will be advised on the outcome of the recruitment process.
We offer a competitive salary and will consider requests to provide financial support to cover relocation costs based on circumstances and financial need. Salaries are based on experience and in line with the EITI’s salary and benefits scheme.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of implementation in the region, including assessing and responding to opportunities for new engagements and bringing together regional priorities.
- Encourage innovation and strengthen implementation, including peer learning opportunities.
- Oversee staff working with the region, enabling them to fulfil their potential and perform effectively as a team.
- Provide steering and quality assurance of activities including analysis, training and producing communication materials.
- Undertake policy or thematic responsibilities to be discussed.
- Relevant advanced university degree.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience with government, company, civil society organisation, or a development agency.
- Knowledge and experience of Eastern Europe and Central Asia is desirable.
- A sound knowledge of development, private sector development, energy and/or natural resources management, public finance, or project management.
- Excellent writing, presentation and networking skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and openly with a wide range of team members, while retaining the ability to act independently.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Other languages, including Russian, are an advantage.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject “RD Eastern Europe and Central Asia” no later than close of business on 17 April 2017. Further inquiries can be directed to Brynjar Wiersholm (firstname.lastname@example.org), Human Resources Director at the EITI International Secretariat.