Mongolia Validation 2018
This Validation has been completed.
Mongolia was found to have made satisfactory progress.
Validation commenced on 11 January 2018.
Secretariat initial assessment was completed on 23 January 2018.
Comments from the MSG on the draft Validation report were received on 9 February 2018.
Recommendation from VC to Board on 30 January 2018 via Board Paper 39-5-E.
Board decision was made on 13 February 2018.
The first Validation of Mongolia against the EITI Standard commenced on 1 July 2016. On 11 January 2017, the EITI Board found that Mongolia had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The EITI Board established eight corrective actions related to:
- Oversight by the multi-stakeholder group (Requirement 1.4.b.vi & 1.4.b.iii);
- The disclosure of license allocation (requirement 2.2) and the register of licenses (requirement 2.3)
- State participation (requirement 2.6) and quasi-fiscal expenditures (requirement 6.2);
- Transactions related to state-owned enterprises (requirement 4.5);
- Data quality and assurance (requirement 4.5);
- Subnational transfers (requirement 5.2);
- Social expenditures by extractive companies (requirement 6.1); and
- The review the outcomes and impact of EITI implementation (requirement 7.4).
The second Validation commenced on 11 January 2018. On 13 February 2018, the EITI Board found that Mongolia addressed all corrective actions and had made satisfactory progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard.
- Mongolia’s second Validation commenced on 11 January 2018.
- The EITI International Secretariat has assessed the progress made in addressing the eight corrective actions established by the EITI Board following Mongolia’s first Validation in 2016.
- The draft assessment was sent to the Multi-Stakeholder Working Group (MSWG) on 23 January 2018.
- The MSWG provided comments (here) that agreed with the draft assessment on 9 February 2018. The assessment was then finalised (here) for review by the Validation Committee.
Validation Committee Review
- On 30 January 2018, the Validation Committee sent a recommendation to the Board: Timor-Leste Second Validation, Board Paper 39-5-E.
- The Board agreed that Mongolia has made satisfactory progress on implementing the 2016 EITI Standard.