São Tomé and Príncipe Validation 2018
The first Validation of São Tomé and Príncipe commenced on 1 July 2016. On 8 March 2017, the EITI Board found that São Tomé and Príncipe had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The Board established nine corrective actions related to:
- MSG governance (#1.4);
- Work plan (#1.5),
- License allocation (#2.2);
- License register (#2.3));
- Exploration data (#3.1);
- Direct sub-national payments (#4.6);
- Data quality (#4.9);
- Follow-up on recommendations (#7.3);
- Outcomes and impact (#7.4).
The second Validation commenced on 8 March 2018.
- São Tomé and Príncipe’s second Validation commenced on 8 March 2018.
The EITI International Secretariat has assessed the progress made in addressing the ten corrective actions established by the EITI Board following STP’s first Validation in 2016.
The draft assessment was sent to the Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) on 04 June 2018.
- The MSWG provided comments [Portuguese] [English] that agreed with the draft assessment on 25 June 2018. The assessment was then finalised (here) for review by the Validation Committee.
Validation Committee Review
- On 14 June 2018, the Validation Committee sent a recommendation to the Board (for discussion): São Tomé and Príncipe Second Validation, Board Paper 40-5-E.