São Tomé and Príncipe Validation 2018
On 29 June 2018, the EITI Board agreed that São Tomé and Príncipe has made meaningful progress with improvements. See Board decision 2018-36/BM-40/BP-40-6-E.
In this second Validation, the EITI International Secretariat has assessed the progress made in addressing the ten corrective actions established by the EITI Board following STP’s first Validation in 2016. See more under background below.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
- 8 March 2018: Second Validation commenced.
- 4 June 2018: International Secretariat sends the draft assessment was sent to the Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) [English].
MSG Comments & Validation Committee Review
- 25 June 2018: The MSWG provided comments [Portuguese] [English] that agreed with the draft assessment. The International Secretariat then finalised (here) for review by the Validation Committee.
- 14 June 2018: the Validation Committee sent a recommendation to the Board (for discussion): São Tomé and Príncipe Second Validation, Board Paper 40-5-E.
The first Validation of São Tomé and Príncipe commenced on 1 July 2016. On 8 March 2017, the EITI Board found that São Tomé and Príncipe had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see 2017-11/BM-36/BP-36-5-F). The Board established nine corrective actions related to:
- MSG governance (#1.4);
- Work plan (#1.5),
- License allocation (#2.2);
- License register (#2.3));
- Exploration data (#3.1);
- Direct sub-national payments (#4.6);
- Data quality (#4.9);
- Follow-up on recommendations (#7.3);
- Outcomes and impact (#7.4).