Timor-Leste Validation 2018
On 14 February 2018, the EITI Board found that Timor-Leste addressed all corrective actions and had made satisfactory progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard. See decision 2018-15/BM-39/BP-39-5-H.
In this second Validation the EITI International Secretariat has assessed the progress made in addressing the ten corrective actions established by the EITI Board following Timor Leste’s first Validation in 2016. See more under background below.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
- 11 Janaury 2018: Timor-Leste’s second Validation commenced.
- 16 January 2018: The EITI International Secretariat assessed the progress made in addressing the seven corrective actions established by the EITI Board. The draft assessment was sent to the Timor-Leste Multi-Stakeholder Working Group (MSWG) on 16 January 2018.
MSG comments & Validation Committee Review.
- The MSWG agreed with the draft assessment and did not provide any comments. The assessment was then finalised (here) for review by the Validation Committee.
- On 30 January 2018, the Validation Committee sent a recommendation to the Board: Timor-Leste Second Validation, Board Paper 39-5-H.
The first Validation of Timor-Leste commenced on 1 July 2016. On 11 January 2017, the EITI Board found that Timor-Leste had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The Board established seven corrective actions related to:
- Industry engagement (requirement 1.2);
- Civil society engagement (requirement 1.3);
- MSG governance (requirement 1.4);
- Disaggregation (requirement 4.7);
- Data quality (requirement 4.9);
- Mandatory social expenditures (requirement 6.1); and
- Outcomes and impact of implementation (requirement 7.4).