Timor-Leste Validation 2018
The first Validation of Timor-Leste commenced on 1 July 2016. On 11 January 2017, the EITI Board found that Timor-Leste had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The Board established seven corrective actions related to:
- Industry engagement (requirement 1.2);
- Civil society engagement (requirement 1.3);
- MSG governance (requirement 1.4);
- Disaggregation (requirement 4.7);
- Data quality (requirement 4.9);
- Mandatory social expenditures (requirement 6.1); and
- Outcomes and impact of implementation (requirement 7.4).
The second Validation commenced on 11 January 2018. On 14 February 2018, the EITI Board found that Timor-Leste addressed all corrective actions and had made satisfactory progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard.
- Timor-Leste’s second Validation commenced on 11 January 2018.
- The EITI International Secretariat assessed the progress made in addressing the seven corrective actions established by the EITI Board.
- The draft assessment was sent to the Timor-Leste Multi-Stakeholder Working Group (MSWG) on 16 January 2018.
- The MSWG agreed with the draft assessment and did not provide any comments. The assessment was then finalised (here) for review by the Validation Committee.
Validation Committee Review
- On 30 January 2018, the Validation Committee sent a recommendation to the Board: Timor-Leste Second Validation, Board Paper 39-5-H.