Equatorial Guinea's candidature application was received by the EITI Secretariat on 26 October 2019.
The EITI Board was informed of the challenging situation Equatorial Guinea faced as a result of COVID-19 in completing the EITI sign-up requirements. On 15 October 2020 the Board considered the application withdrawn and has invited Equatorial Guinea to submit a new candidature application. The country continues to work towards strengthening institutions for extractive governance with a view to membership at a future point.
Below you can find the following documents:
- Declaration of intent by the Prime Minister
- Declaration of intent by the President of the Republic
- Declaration by the Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbons
- Letters inviting confirmation of commitment by MSG members
- Letters confirming commitment by MSG members
- MSG members
- Internal regulations of the MSG
- Meetings carried out by the MSG and its committees
- Documents backing up the activities of the MSG
- Code of conduct
For additional publicly available information, please refer to the Equatorial Guinea EITI website here.