We are currently updating the EITI Board, website and international partners with information on progress on beneficial ownership in the 52 EITI countries and are seeking your input. The EITI Chair, Fredrik Reinfeldt, is planning to use the information to consider an award on the best performing EITI country in beneficial ownership disclosure. The information will also feature in a publication focusing on the EITI’s progress in disclosing beneficial ownership in the extractives which will, amongst other uses, be distributed at the Jakarta Conference on Beneficial Ownership.
We are looking for around 200 words that address the following points:
- What is your government doing on beneficial ownership disclosure? You may want to mention any public commitments, legal reforms, BO registers being created, data collection in the latest or upcoming EITI report, etc.
- Has there been any increase in public debate on beneficial ownership disclosure as a result of your activities?
- What challenges have you run into and how are you addressing them? You can mention reporting issues or reactions that have slowed progress.
- Does beneficial ownership disclosure only cover extractives in your country?
- Are there any significant developments in your beneficial ownership disclosure work that you want to highlight?
- What benefits does your government see in greater beneficial ownership disclosure?
Please provide the wording by e-mail to email@example.com by 29 September.