On 28 October 2020, Afghanistan was found to have made meaningful progress in implementing the 2019 EITI Standard (see Board decision 2020-78/BC-298).
For documents in Dari, please see the bottom of the page.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
While Afghanistan's second Validation was scheduled to start on 18 July 2020, the Board granted the MSG's request that Validation be brought forward to 1 July 2020 (see Board decision here).
- 1 July 2020: Validation commenced
- 1-30 July 2020: Stakeholder consultations
Secretariat assessment & comments
- 21 August 2020 - Draft Secretariat assessment
- 14 September 2020 - Comments from the MSG
- 16 September 2020 - Final Secretariat assessment
Validation Committee and Board review
- 21 October 2020 - VC Recommendation to the Board, Board Circular 298
- 28 October 2020 - Board decision 2020-78/BC-298, scorecard and corrective actions
This is a second Validation. On 18 January 2019, the EITI Board found that Afghanistan had made inadequate progress in implementing the EITI Standard (see Board decision 2019-02/BC-264). The Board established that progress in addressing 19 corrective actions would be assessed in a second Validation commencing 18 July 2020. In June, the Validation Committee approved Afghanistan's request for an early second Validation (see Board decision 2020-49/BC-292), which commenced on 1 July 2020.