The EITI Board will host a Members' Meeting, in conjunction with the 5th EITI Global Conferenc, 01 March 2011, 16:00 at the OECD Conference Centre, 2, rue André Pascal, Paris.
The draft agenda for the Members' Meeting is:
- To approve the 2009-2011 Progress Report and plans for the next Board term.
- To elect the EITI Chair, based on the proposal of the Board.
- To elect the Board Members and Alternates based on the nominations from the constituencies.
- Consider any other matters requested by members.
In preparation of the EITI Members's meeting, the EITI Board has recommended each constituency to:
- Appoint a lead individual on the nomination process by 31 October;
- Agree a process for selection by 30 November;
- Inform the International Secretariat of the agreed selection process by 7 December;
- Nominate individuals for the Board by 31 January.
During the EITI Members' meeting, which is held in connection with the biennial EITI Global Conference, three constituency groups within the EITI - countries, companies and civil society organisations - meet to appoint the EITI Board for the next two years.
Further guidance are available in the Constituency Guidelines as well as in the EITI Articles of Association, both found in the EITI Rules. Questions relating to the EITI Members' meeting can be directed to Jonas Moberg, Head of the EITI Secretariat. Questions relating to the constituency processes to select Board members can be directed to Eddie Rich, Deputy Head of the EITI Secretariat.