4th International Collective Action Conference 2022
Mainstreaming collective action for fair and sustainable business
Registration: Registration is closed.
Recording: Check the Basel Institute website for recordings
The 4th International Collective Action Conference took place on 30 June–1 July 2022 at the University of Basel in Switzerland. Hosted by the Basel Institute on Governance, the in-person conference brought together leading figures from the public and private sectors and international, academic and non-profit organisations to explore how to mainstream Collective Action to achieve a clean, fair and sustainable business environment for all.
From 13:45-15:00 on 30 June, EITI's Mark Robinson spoke on the panel - New momentum for beneficial ownership transparency: Welcoming Opening Extractives to the B20 Collective Action Hub. This panel brought together stakeholders from Opening Extractives to analyse the new hybrid Collective Action initiative's methodology, share its journey in shaping reforms, and explore the potential to scale efforts beyond the extractives sector.
- Mark Robinson, Executive Director, Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Alhaji Garba Abubakar, Registrar-General, Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria
- Thom Townsend, Executive Director, Open Ownership
- Claire Harbron, Chief Investment Officer, BHP Foundation
- Gemma Aiolfi, Head of Compliance, Corporate Governance and Collective Action, Basel Institute on Governance