Upcoming Governance and Oversight Committee meetings:
- GOC 1: Wednesday, 20 September 2023, 14:00-15:30 CEST
- GOC 2: Wednesday 11 October 2023, 14:00-15:30 CEST
- GOC 3: Wednesday 25 October 2023, 14:00-15:30 CEST
- Joint GOC and FC meeting: Wednesday, 8 November 2023, 13:00-14:30 CET (TBC)
- GOC 5: Wednesday, 13 December 2023, 13:00-14:30 CET
Draft agendas of upcoming meetings:
Draft agenda of GOC#2, Wednesday, 11 October 2023
- Approval of Draft Agenda (for decision) and Draft Meeting Minutes from GOC 1 (for decision). GOC Paper 2-1.
Note that the GOC Terms of Reference (ToRs), GOC Paper 1-1, were approved by the constituencies of implementing countries, companies and civil society at GOC 1 on 20 September and by the constituency of supporting countries on a no objection basis following GOC 1. The GOC ToRs are approved and will be published on the EITI website.
- Recommendations from the Assessment of Company Progress in Meeting the Expectations for EITI Supporting Companies (for discussion). GOC Paper 2-2.
The outgoing EITI Board was presented Board Paper 56-6: Assessment of Company Progress in Meeting the Expectations for EITI Supporting Companies. The Board did not agree the recommendations in the paper. Instead, the GOC was tasked to further consider recommendations following from the assessment. The Secretariat presented the paper highlighting recommendations for GOC consideration at GOC 1 on 20 September, however, the GOC did not have time to discuss the paper. The Secretariat will briefly present the paper again. The GOC is recommended to discuss the paper.
- GOC Work Plan 2023-2024 (for decision). GOC Paper 2-3.
The Secretariat presented the draft GOC Work Plan 2023-2024 at GOC 1 on 20 September. In discussing the Plan, the GOC provided comments on the description of one work item and suggested additional work items. The Secretariat has revised the Plan accordingly. The GOC is recommended to agree the GOC Work Plan 2023-2024.
- Any other business.
In accordance with the observer policy for EITI committees, stakeholders may observe committee meetings.
Committees may decide that non-EITI Board members may observe committee meetings and teleconferences, provided that an observer is accepted by all members of the concerned committee and that the committee finds the numbers of observers reasonable.
Non-Board members who wish to observe a Governance and Oversight Committee meeting should contact Andrew Irvine (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the meeting and seek the committee’s consent.