The UK is committed to strong rules for transparency in the oil, gas and mining industry. In May 2013 the Prime Minister committed the UK to implement the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
The EITI process involves extractive companies reporting the payments they make to the UK government. In parallel, the Government discloses what they receive and an annual report reconciling these figures is published.
The UK submitted its candidacy application on the 5th August.
You can hear more about UK implementation, at the one year on EITI event on Tuesday 18 November - at the BIS Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET from 10am
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jo Swinson – UK EITI-Champion and Minister for Employment and Consumer Affairs
- Eddie Rich- EITI International Secretariat
- Marie-Anne Mackenzie- MSG Chair for UK EITI, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Stephen Blythe- Tax Director BP and UK Multi Stakeholder Group Industry Representative
- Miles Litvinoff-UK EITI Civil Society Network Coordinator
- Edward Bickham- Strategic Adviser, International Council on Mining and Metals and former EITI International Board Member
To secure a place please email by Tuesday 4th November:
For further information on EITI please visit the UK webpage.