Le personnel du Secrétariat international est composé de 20 à 25 personnes de 19 pays.
Pour les offres d'emploi, merci de vous rendre sur notre page en anglais ici. La langue principale de travail au Secrétariat international étant l'anglais, les offres d'emploi ne sont publiées que dans cette langue.
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) International Secretariat is seeking a legal specialist to help provide technical assistance to EITI countries on implementing beneficial ownership transparency in the extractive sector. The role is foreseen as being on a full-time basis, for an initial period of 12 months. There could be some flexibility for applicants with the required expertise to work on a part-time basis if needed.
This position offers the chance to contribute to the global movement towards public disclosure of the real, ultimate owners behind companies that benefit from oil, gas and mining operations in resource-rich countries.
At present, the EITI is being implemented in 51 countries, most of which require substantial technical support in establishing the institutional frameworks for collecting and disclosing beneficial ownership information as required by the EITI Standard. The EITI is working with key partners such as the Natural Resource Governance Institute, the World Bank, EBRD and bilateral partners to provide the financial and technical assistance required.
The legal specialist is expected to support the International Secretariat in:
- Advising countries in the development of their institutional and legal frameworks relating to company and extractive sector transparency in priority EITI countries.
- Proposing or reviewing draft legislation and regulations in EITI countries to ensure that they are in line with the EITI requirements and international best practices on beneficial ownership transparency. This should include key aspects related to establishing comprehensive definitions of beneficial ownership, scope of companies required to disclose their real owners, data verification mechanisms that are consistent with customary practices in the country, sanctions for non-compliance, identifying the appropriate regulatory body/bodies for beneficial ownership disclosures in accordance with national laws, and the need to repeal or amend existing laws to conform to beneficial ownership transparency requirements.
- Identifying ways to link the beneficial ownership legal framework with existing national laws on corruption, politically exposed persons, and rules on asset disclosures for PEPs.
- Providing legal advice to countries on how to address existing national laws that could pose as barriers to full beneficial ownership transparency, such as data privacy laws and confidentiality provisions, or in cases where conflict of law principles should apply.
- Supporting regional teams in identifying opportunities to contribute to national legal reforms related to beneficial ownership transparency.
- A law degree and admission to practice law in common law or civil law jurisdictions. A Master of law degree in fields related to the extractive sector, natural resource governance and public law is preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in corporate law, or commercial/financial operations for oil, gas or mining companies, or similar fields, in both common and civil law settings.
- Knowledge of the oil, gas and mining sectors or other natural resources sectors, as well as access to information and privacy legislations, is desired.
- Experience in drafting legislations and government regulations.
- A track record in similar work. Prior international or local experience implementing EITI is not necessary.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fluency in either French or Spanish is required. Other languages are an advantage.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Legal specialist” no later than close on 2 September 2018. Further inquiries can be directed to Ines Marques (email@example.com), Policy Director at the EITI International Secretariat.
Si vous souhaitez être informé(e) d’offres d’emplois à l’avenir, suivez-nous sur Linkedin ou abonnez-vous au bulletin d’information de l’ITIE en informant votre adresse e-mail puis en cliquant sur "Submit" ci-dessous.