Job Announcement: Regional Director (Francophone Africa) at the EITI International Secretariat
Regional Directors take responsibility to coordinate EITI activities, both directly by the International Secretariat and through partners, in a portfolio of countries. At present, the EITI is being implemented in 35 countries and several other countries are expected to join in the near future. The postholder would be expected to take the lead on a number of those countries including Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, and Togo, as well as some EITI outreach in the region.
In addition to geographical responsibilities and servicing the international EITI Board, Regional Directors take the lead on specific policy and management issues such as EITI reporting, financing of the EITI, communication and research, depending on the skills and interests of the postholder. The post holder will work closely with the other Regional Director for Francophone Africa in supporting the implementation of the EITI in francophone African countries.
- Relevant advanced university degree.
- 5 years + relevant experience with government, company, civil society organisation, or a development agency.
- A sound knowledge of development, private sector development, energy and/or natural resources management, public finance, or project management.
- Ability to influence organisations, governments, civil society and industry through a combination of strong writing, presentation and networking skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and openly with a wide range of team members, while retaining the ability to act independently.
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and working knowledge of English. Proficiency in other languages (particularly Portuguese) is a plus.
The EITI is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. The EITI is an equal opportunities employer. Applications will be treated in confidence.
- Please email (with “EITI/RD/2012” in the subject line) your CV and cover letter (in French) with reference to your current employment status to: email@example.com by 10 June.
- All applicants will be advised on the outcome of the recruitment process.
- The contract is expected to be for 2 years with possible extensions.
Further inquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) aims to strengthen governance by improving transparency and accountability in the extractives sector. The EITI is a coalition of governments, companies and investors, civil society, investors and international organisations. It has developed a robust yet flexible methodology for monitoring and reconciling company payments and government revenues. The EITI Board and the international Secretariat are the guardians of the EITI process. Implementation takes place at the country level, in a process that emphasises multi-stakeholder participation.