The EITI International Secretariat (EITI-IS), based in Oslo, Norway, is now recruiting a Communications Officer. Communications is a key part of the activities of the EITI-IS. It communicates with a broad range of stakeholders including governments, oil/gas/mining companies, civil society organisations, citizens and media in the 35 countries that are currently implementing the EITI standard.
The Communications Officer is a key part of the communications team at the EITI-IS and is responsible for implementing the EITI’s communications strategy, under the supervision of the Communications Manager.
- Work with Communications Manager and rest of EITI Secretariat to implement and manage communications plans.
- Draft articles, develop content and new tools for the EITI website www.eiti.org
- Develop and manage EITI’s engagement with social media, namely Twitter and Facebook
- Manage flow of information between the EITI-IS and external stakeholders, including newsletters and circulars.
- Manage production of documents, publications and other communications materials.
- Monitor media coverage and identify communications opportunities.
- Manage and develop EITI’s internal communications tools, including intranet and relationship with IT service provider.
- University degree in journalism, communications, PR, marketing or other relevant degree.
- The ideal candidate will have one to three year’s experience from state-of-the-art work in the field of communications, PR, media, or similar.
- Strong and proven experience with web and social media is required. Experience with design, including Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is desirable.
- Excellent English writing skills. French writing skills are highly desirable.
Pay and Conditions
The post is based in Oslo. A competitive salary package based on experience and in line with the EITI’s salary and benefits scheme.
Please email (with “EITI/Communications Officer” in the subject line) your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 26 February 2012.
The EITI is an equal opportunities employer. The EITI is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. All applicants will be advised on the outcome of the recruitment process.
Further inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) aims to strengthen governance by improving transparency and accountability in the extractives sector. The EITI is a coalition of governments, companies and investors, civil society, investors and international organisations. It has developed a robust yet flexible methodology for monitoring and reconciling company payments and government revenues. The EITI Board and the international Secretariat are the guardians of the EITI process. Implementation takes place at the country level, in a process that emphasises multi-stakeholder participation.