The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) International Secretariat, based in Oslo, Norway, is now recruiting a Regional Director to cover the Asia region.
Regional Directors take responsibility to coordinate EITI activities, both directly by the International Secretariat and through partners, in a portfolio of countries. At present, the EITI is being implemented in 35 countries and several other countries are expected to join in the near future.
In addition to their geographical responsibilities, Regional Directors take the lead on specific policy and management issues such as validation, reporting, finance, communication and research. The job holder would be allocated a policy or management issue depending on their background experience and skills.
- Relevant advanced degree.
- At least 5 years relevant experience with government, company, civil society organisation, or a development agency.
- Expertise and experience in Asia is highly desirable.
- A sound knowledge of development, private sector development, energy and/or natural resources management, public finance, or project management.
- Ability to influence organisations, governments, civil society and industry through a combination of strong writing, presentation and networking skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and openly with a wide range of team members, while retaining the ability to act independently.
- Excellent command of English. Proficiency in other languages (particularly Russian) is highly desirable.
Pay and Conditions
- The post is based in Oslo.
- A competitive salary package based on your experience and in line with our salary and benefits scheme.
The EITI is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. The EITI is an equal opportunities employer. Applications will be treated in confidence.
- Please email (with “EITI/RD/2011” in the subject line) your CV and covering letter with reference to your current employment status to: email@example.com by 7 October 2011.
- All applicants will be advised on the outcome of the recruitment process.
- The contract is expected to be for 2 years with possible extensions.
Further inquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) aims to strengthen governance by improving transparency and accountability in the extractives sector. The EITI is a coalition of governments, companies and investors, civil society, investors and international organisations. It has developed a robust yet flexible methodology for monitoring and reconciling company payments and government revenues. The EITI Board and the international Secretariat are the guardians of the EITI process. Implementation takes place at the country level, in a process that emphasises multi-stakeholder participation.