The EITI International Secretariat 2019 Photo Competition “Open Data, Build Trust” is now open.
The competition invites EITI stakeholders to showcase their work on the EITI, specifically how natural resource transparency is having an impact in their country.
The deadline for submissions is 30 April 2019, 23:00 CEST.
Photo submissions should demonstrate one or more of the following themes:
- Open data, build trust. How the EITI is being implemented on the ground, through events, roadshows, public debates or stakeholder interactions.
- Natural resource extraction. Natural resource extraction at the community level or operations at the source, either industrial or small-scale.
- EITI for inclusive development. How EITI implementation is including and/or benefiting citizens and communities affected by natural resource extraction.
One winner will be selected and announced in early May 2019.
The winner will be invited and sponsored to attend the EITI Global Conference to be held in Paris on 18-19 June, including travel and accommodation costs. This prize will be awarded to one person only.
Both the winning and shortlisted photos may be featured on the EITI website, EITI social media channels and in the 2019 EITI Progress Report, to be launched at the EITI Global Conference.
Each contestant may submit a maximum of five (5) photographs.
Please send photo submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2019, 23:00 CEST with the subject line “Photo Competition”.
Your email must include:
- Photo(s). Please send photo(s) in the original resolution via a link to your preferred file storage service (e.g. Google drive, Flickr, Dropbox etc.). Please ensure that the photo(s) can be downloaded.
- Description. Include a maximum 2-sentence description of the photo(s), including the location. If applicable, identify the names of people in the photo. You may also indicate which theme(s) your photo(s) captures from the list above.
- Attribution details. The name, country, contact details and a short biography (1 – 3 sentences) about the contestant. This information will be used to credit the photo if used in EITI material.
- Attribution statement. Please include the following statement: “I hold the copyright for or have the right to use this photo and agree to the photo being used under Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).”
Submissions failing to include the requirements above will not be considered.
By submitting a photo to the competition, the contestant accepts the full terms and conditions of the competition. The contestant declares that he/she holds the copyright for or has the right to use this photo and agrees to the photo being used as described. He/she grants the EITI International Secretariat permission to non-commercial use of the photo, including derivatives thereof, on its social media channels, EITI website and/or print publications. The photo will be credited with the details submitted by the contestant. The contestant releases the photos under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license, unless otherwise clearly stated.
The image featured on this webpage is photographed by Elisabeth Caesens, winner of the 2014 EITI Photo Competition.