Для получения последней информации о вакасиях ИПДО обращайтесь к английской версии веб-сайта. Позиции рекламируются только на этом языке, так как основным рабочим языком Международного Секретариата является английский.
Для получения уведомлений о вакансиях, следите за нами в Linkedin или подпишитесь на рассылку ИПДО ниже:
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is looking for a Communications Director in Oslo, Norway. This is an opportunity to work in an international and vibrant working environment helping citizens of resource-rich countries benefit from their natural resources and to work on subjects at the cutting edge of development and the extractive industry.
The Communications Director takes responsibility for the overall direction and production of the EITI’s communications. This involves developing the strategic direction of the EITI’s core messages, raising public awareness around natural resource governance, strengthening existing and developing new forms of engagement, and promoting open data. The position includes editorial responsibilities for web, publications and media. The Communications Director also manages the communications team of the International Secretariat.
We offer a competitive salary and will consider requests to provide financial support to cover relocation costs based on circumstances and financial need. Salaries are based on experience and in line with the EITI’s salary and benefits scheme.
The EITI is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. The EITI is an equal opportunities employer. Applications will be treated in confidence and will be advised on the outcome of the recruitment process.
- Develop and implement EITI’s communications plans to raise public awareness around the EITI and natural resource governance.
- Oversee and develop the strategic direction of the EITI’s communications channels including its website, social media and publications.
- Promote the existence and use of open data community within the EITI internationally.
- Provide strategic direction to maximize media coverage, produce media releases, and develop media contacts.
- Develop and monitor progress against key performance indicators for communications.
- Work closely with Communication Directors / Managers from partner organisations especially World Bank, Natural Resource Governance Institute, and Publish What You Pay.
- Lead the communications strategy around Board meetings and the EITI Global Conference.
- Lead the communications team and manage the communications budget.
- Work closely with EITI Country Managers on key messages and stories from each country, including better documentation of impact.
- Support the EITI in strengthening its internal communications within and amongst the organisation.
- Relevant university degree and/or professional qualification in journalism, media or social sciences.
- At least 10 years senior-level experience in the communications / PR field related to government, company, civil society organisation, or a development agency.
- Familiarity with the extractive resources sector and anti-corruption work. Sound knowledge of development, private sector development, energy and/or natural resources management, public finance.
- Proven writing experience for external communications.
- Proven ability to develop key messages, especially regarding development impact.
- Proven record of communications leadership and increasing responsibility in similar organisations.
- Track record of management experience with proven ability to work flexibly and openly with a wide range of team members, while retaining the ability to act independently.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and either French or Spanish.
How to apply
To apply please do so on our job portal no later than close of business on 31 March 2019. Please note that we will not process applications received via email.