Request for expressions of interest – side events at the 2019 EITI Global Conference, Paris
The EITI is pleased to announce a public call for expressions of interests to host side events at its 2019 Global Conference on 17-19 June 2019. The Conference, hosted by the Government of France, will take place at the OECD Conference Centre in Paris.
These side events are scheduled to take place on 17 June, or in the evening of 18 or 19 June.
As we shape the Conference programme, we invite you to focus on issues around good governance of the extractives sectors with particular focus on:
- The value of multi-stakeholder dialogue in a polarised world
- Gender and extractives transparency
- Innovative extractives transparency
- Measuring the impact of extractives transparency
- Opening extractives data
- Anti-corruption in the oil, gas and mineral industry
- Extractives, environment and climate change
- Emerging technologies and implications for accountability in extractives
Interested organisations are kindly requested to submit proposals to the Secretariat covering the following:
- a short description of the topic(s) they wish to cover;
- a list of tentative speakers;
- target audience and expected numbers;
- duration of the event;
- interpretation and catering needs;
- room configuration;
- suggested time and date.
Due to the large number of events planned for Monday 17 June, it is recommended that side events do not exceed 2 hours. In reviewing proposals, the EITI International Secretariat will ensure that there is no overlapping between the topics of side events and with the official conference programme.
Please send your proposals to email@example.com no later than 18 March 2019, indicating “request for a side event: [name]” in the subject line of your request.
NB: To cover the costs for audio-visual services, catering (coffee breaks and lunch), security and cleaning, organisations wishing to hold an event at the OECD Conference Centre are asked to contribute USD 3,000 to the International Secretariat. Interpretation in French, Spanish, Russian can be organised at an additional cost of USD 2,500 per language. The Secretariat can provide details of service providers such as printing companies.
For more information on organising side events contact Conference Manager Shemshat Kasimova at firstname.lastname@example.org.