Upcoming Governance and Oversight Committee meetings:
- GOC 1: Wednesday, 20 September 2023, 14:00-15:30 CEST
- GOC 2: Wednesday 11 October 2023, 14:00-15:30 CEST (TBC)
- GOC 3: Wednesday 25 October 2023, 14:00-15:30 CEST (TBC)
- Joint GOC and FC meeting: Wednesday, 8 November 2023, 13:00-14:30 CET (TBC)
- GOC 5: Wednesday, 13 December 2023, 13:00-14:30 CET (TBC)
Draft agendas of upcoming meetings:
Draft agenda of GOC#1
- Approval of Draft Agenda (for decision).
- Introduction of GOC Members (for information).
As this first meeting of the newly formed Governance and Oversight Committee (GOC), Members will be asked to introduce themselves, including their name, position, affiliation (name of company, civil society organization, country, etc.), and which constituency they represent. The Secretariat will also provide an introduction and briefly explain GOC meeting protocols and answer questions from Members concerning same.
- GOC Terms of Reference (for decision). GOC Paper 1-1.
The Secretariat will present the draft GOC terms of reference (ToRs) based on the past committee’s ToRs. The GOC will be asked to discuss and agree the GOC ToRs.
- Election of GOC Chair (for decision).
The GOC should elect a Chair. Nominations will be solicited from GOC Members ahead of the meeting and voted upon at the meeting to elect the Chair.
- GOC Work Plan 2023-2024 (for discussion). GOC Paper 1-2.
The Secretariat will present a draft GOC Work Plan for the remainder of 2023 as well as for 2024. The GOC will be asked to discuss the Plan and remove/add to the proposed GOC work tasks. Following GOC discussion and any subsequent revisions to the Plan, the GOC Work Plan 2023-2024 will be presented “for decision” at the next GOC meeting.
- Recommendations from the Assessment of Company Progress in Meeting the Expectations for EITI Supporting Companies (for discussion). GOC Paper 1-3.
The outgoing EITI Board was presented Board Paper 56-6: Assessment of Company Progress in Meeting the Expectations for EITI Supporting Companies. The Board did not agree the recommendations in the paper. Instead, the GOC was tasked to further consider recommendations following from the assessment. The Secretariat will present a brief paper highlighting recommendations for GOC consideration. Board Paper 56-6 is attached for reference.
- Any other business.
In accordance with the observer policy for EITI committees, stakeholders may observe committee meetings.
Committees may decide that non-EITI Board members may observe committee meetings and teleconferences, provided that an observer is accepted by all members of the concerned committee and that the committee finds the numbers of observers reasonable.
Non-Board members who wish to observe a Governance and Oversight Committee meeting should contact Andrew Irvine (email@example.com) in advance of the meeting and seek the committee’s consent.