The Opening Up Ownership Conference on social media
- Please use our hashtag, #OPENUP
- In addition, it is good practice to mention @EITIorg in the tweet
- Pictures and graphics are more compelling than plain text. If possible, add a picture
Pictures in full size can be downloaded here
Our video on BO: https://youtu.be/1i-LhQk6kxA
- Quotes from speakers/attendees are great
- You are of course welcome to link to our website or facebook-page, or to retweet our tweets
- If relevant, tag people and organizations in your tweet to increase impact
- Other relevant things to add could be: #BeneficialOwnership, #BO, #RoadTo2020, #PanamaPapers #OutrageToOutcomes and #Jakarta. Get creative!
Below are some suggestions for tweets and phrases you or your organisation can use as social media content. These are of course mere suggestions. To tweet one of them, simply click on the text, and the link will take you directly to your Twitter account, with the text already inserted as a tweet. Simply click "Tweet" and you are done!
Before the conference begins, we encourage participants, speakers, partner organisations and attendees, to post relevant content on the conference on social media. These can be linked to our more comprehensive content, such as blog items or news, or they can be used as is.
- The beneficial ownership conference in Jakarta is approaching, and the program is being finalized on @EITIorg website
- .@EITIorg and the Gov. of Indonesia is co-hosting the first global conference on beneficial ownership on 23-24 October #OPENUP #BO
- Through the @EITIorg, resource rich countries are taking the lead on publishing beneficial ownership data #OPENUP
- Gearing up to the #OPENUP conference in Jakarta (LINK TO BLOG OR NEWS ITEM)
During the conference, we appreciate any social media content that relates to what is being presented by speakers and attendees in the different sessions. Here are some suggestions for tweets that are appropriate as soon as the conference commences, and in conjunction with the opening plenary.
- Fredrik Reinfeldt, the Chair of EITI emphasize the need to turn outrage in to outcomes #OPENUP
- Honorable President Joko Widodo of Indonesia is speaking at the opening plenary in Jakarta #OPENUP @EITIorg
- We are live from Jakarta at the @EITIorg #BeneficialOwnership conference! (INSERT PICTURE)
- Who, what, where: @EITIorg and @BappenasIS are co-organising the first #OPENUP conference on #BeneficialOwnership in #Jakarta 23-24 Oct
These are suggestions for tweets to send out relating to each of the workshops.
- How does illicit financial flows relate to beneficial ownership? Fruitful discussion in Workshop 1 @EITIorg #OPENUP
- What information is available and what is needed to be able to check who owns companies that exploit national resources? @EITIorg #OPENUP
- Hidden ownership leads to unequal rules for companies and investors. @EITIorg could be the solution
- Knowing who you do business with improves the investment climate #OPENUP @EITIorg
- Workshop 3 of #OPENUP conf examines businesses making investment decisions and how governments can respond to the desire for transparency
- In workshop 4 we find common corruption challenges where beneficial ownership transparency can be part of the solution #OPENUP
- Global cooperation on beneficial ownership standards and commitments - @FATFNews @OECDtax @EU and @EITIorg working together #OPENUP
- Complex company structures are one of many challenges in beneficial ownership disclosure #OPENUP @EITIorg
- .@EITIorg requires that if a politically exposed person owns oil, gas and mining assets then this ownership must be transparent #OPENUP
- Workshop 7 of #OPENUP conf: compare asset disclosure mechanisms in @EITIorg member countries and identify opportunities
- Workshop 7 of #OPENUP conf: mainstreaming the @EITIorg requirements on politically exposed persons
- Ukraine recently released its asset register, and sets an example to follow #OPENUP @EITIorg
- Crucial that public participation happens in beneficial ownership transparency #OPENUP @EITIorg
- Slightly boring, but crucial: How to establish a legal and regulatory framework for beneficial ownership transparency #OPENUP @EITIorg
- Workshop 10 of @EITIorg #OPENUP conference: How do you build a beneficial ownership register?
- At the @EITIorg #OPENUP conference: exploring disclosure of shareholders and beneficial owners of publicly listed companies
- #BeneficialOwnership data is cool and all, but how to use it? The topic of workshop 12 at the @EITIorg #OPENUP conference
- Are there efficient sanctions for non-reporting and/or reporting of incorrect information in #BeneficialOwnership disclosure? @EITIorg #OPENUP
- Who, what and where: how do you define and identify beneficial owners? @EITIorg #OPENUP
- #OPENUP in practice: Workshop 15 addresses how to open beneficial ownership data and apply standards for disclosure formats @EITIorg