Objectives of beneficial ownership transparency in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Promoting transparency and good governance to ensure good investment climate
- Promoting sustainable publication of real owners of companies operating in STP
- Developing an institutional framework favourable to beneficial ownership disclosure
- Prevent and avoid conflict of interest and define the concept of PEPs
- Guarantee universal, free, easily accessible and comprehensible information on beneficial ownership
Progress on implementing beneficial ownership disclosure
São Tomé and Príncipe plans to support comprehensive beneficial ownership provisions in Minerals Policy, which will inform amendments to the Mines and Minerals Act, the new Corporate Governance Code (late 2016 or early 2017), and propose amendments to Petroleum Act and Companies Act. Sao Tome and Principe EITI plans to organize a series of workshops to build capacity for beneficial ownership disclosure. Read São Tomé and Príncipe's beneficial ownership roadmap below for more information.