On 27 February 2019, Mauritania was found to have made meaningful progress overall with implementing the EITI Standard, with considerable improvements across several individual requirements. See Board decision 2019-19/BM-42.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
8 September 2018: Second Validation commenced.
MSG comments & Validation Committee review
27 December 2018: The MSG provided comments [English | French] that agreed with the draft assessment. The International Secretariat then finalised the assessment [English | French] for review by the Validation Committee.
The first Validation of Mauritania commenced on 1 July 2016. On 8 March 2017, the EITI Board found that Mauritania had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The EITI Board established 10 corrective actions related to:
- MSG governance (Requirement 1.4)
- Workplan (Requirement 1.5)
- Licence allocation and licence registers (Requirements 2.2 and 2.3)
- Contract disclosure (Requirement 2.4)
- State participation (Requirement 2.6)
- Comprehensiveness (Requirement 4.1)
- Data quality (Requirement 4.9)
- Revenue management and expenditure (Requirement 5.1)
- Subnational transfers (Requirement 5.2)
- Review of outcomes and impact (Requirement 7.4)