Albania Validation 2019
In February 2018, the EITI Board agreed that Albania has made meaningful progress with improvements. See Board decision 2018-11/BM-39/BP-39-5-A.
In this second Validation, the EITI International Secretariat has assessed the progress made in addressing the ten corrective actions established by the EITI Board following the first Validation. See more under background below.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
- 13 February 2019: Second Validation commenced.
- 18-21 March 2019: International Secretariat stakeholder consultations mission to Albania.
- 26 April 2019: International Secretariat sends the draft assessment was sent to the Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) [English | Albanian].
MSG Comments & Validation Committee Review
- 17 May 2019: The MSG provided comments [English] and a set of annexes [English]. The International Secretariat then finalised [English | Albanian] for review by the Validation Committee.
- 29 May 2019: the Validation Committee reviewed VC Paper 80-2 on the second Validation of Albania [English | French].
- 3 June 2019: the Validation Committee sent a recommendation to the Board (for decision): Second Validation of Albania, Board Paper 43-6.
The first Validation of commenced on 1 April 2017. On 13 February 2018, the EITI Board found that Albania had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see 2018-11/BM-39/BP-39-5-A). The Board established 12 corrective actions related to:
- Civil society engagement (#1.3)
- MSG oversight (#1.4)
- License allocation (#2.2)
- License register(s) (#2.3)
- Contract disclosure (#2.4)
- State participation (#2.6)
- Direct subnational payments (#4.6)
- Data reliability (#4.9)
- Revenue distribution (#5.1)
- Social expenditures (#6.1)
- Quasi-fiscal expenditures (#6.2)
- Follow-up on EITI recommendations (#7.3).