Mauritania Validation 2018
On 27 February 2019, Mauritania was found to have made meaningful progress overall with implementing the EITI Standard, with considerable improvements across several individual requirements. See Board decision 2019-19/BM-42.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
8 September 2018: Second Validation commenced.
MSG comments & Validation Committee review
27 December 2018: The MSG provided comments [English | French] that agreed with the draft assessment. The International Secretariat then finalised the assessment [English | French] for review by the Validation Committee.
The first Validation of Mauritania commenced on 1 July 2016. On 8 March 2017, the EITI Board found that Mauritania had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard (see here). The EITI Board established 10 corrective actions related to:
- MSG governance (Requirement 1.4)
- Workplan (Requirement 1.5)
- Licence allocation and licence registers (Requirements 2.2 and 2.3)
- Contract disclosure (Requirement 2.4)
- State participation (Requirement 2.6)
- Comprehensiveness (Requirement 4.1)
- Data quality (Requirement 4.9)
- Revenue management and expenditure (Requirement 5.1)
- Subnational transfers (Requirement 5.2)
- Review of outcomes and impact (Requirement 7.4)