This Validation is completed.
The Republic of the Congo was found to have made meaningful progress.
Validation commenced on 1 April 2017.
Validation country visit: 8-12 May 2017.
Secretariat initial assessment was completed on 27 September 2017.
The Validation Report was issued on 18 December 2017.
Discussed by the VC on 4 December 2017 and 12 January 2018.
Recommendation from VC to Board TBC.
Documents related to the Validation:
Initial data collection and stakeholder consultations
Validation Report & comments
- 09.10.17 - Draft Validation Report [English] [French]
- 01.12.17 - Comments from the civil society [English] [French]
- 01.12.17 - Comments from the government [English]
- 18.12.17 - Final Validation Report [English] [French]
- 18.01.18 - Civil society letter on self-censorship [English] [French]