On 11 September 2020, Seychelles was found to have made meaningful progress with considerable improvements in implementing the 2019 EITI Standard.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
- 1 April 2020: Validation commenced
Secretariat assessment & comments
- 10 June 2020 - Draft Secretariat assessment
- 17 July 2020 - Comments from the MSG
- DATE - Final Secretariat assessment
Validation Committee and Board review
- 4 September 2020 - VC Recommendation to the Board, Board Circular 295
- 11 September 2020 - Board decision 2020-67/BC-295, scorecard and corrective actions [English | French]
This is a second Validation. On 1 October 2018, the EITI Board found that Seychelles had made meaningful progress in implementing the EITI Standard (see Board decision 2018-49/BC-257). The Board established that progress in addressing 8 corrective actions would be assessed in a second Validation commencing 1 April 2020.