Become a supporter
Supporting governments (see list of countries below) are committed to promote good governance in the extractive industries across the world. Although the only formal requirement of a supporting country is to make a clear public endorsement, a country can support the EITI in many other ways.
Here are some suggestions:
- Support and promote good governance in the extractives, including through the EITI, in international and multilateral forums.
- Encourage own companies to become EITI supporters.
- Undertake events to promote awareness of good governance in the extractives, including through the EITI, especially with companies and civil society.
- Encourage resource-rich countries, through diplomatic and commercial channels, to improve extractive industries governance, including through implementing the EITI.
- Consider providing technical support in resource management to implementing countries with low technical capacity. Where the supporting country is comparatively well placed to provide this assistance, ensure that this technical support is well coordinated with other efforts.
- Commit to high standards of transparency in domestic extractive sector.
- Finance the international management of the EITI and the World Bank-administered Extractives Global Programmatic Support (EGPS).