On 27 February 2019, the Board agreed that Norway has made satisfactory progress in implementing the EITI Standard. See Board decision.
Timeline of Validation and related materials:
- 4 December 2018: Second Validation commenced.
- 1 February 2019: Draft assessment was sent to stakeholders [English].
Stakeholder Comments & Validation Committee Review
- 7 February 2019: The Validation Committee discussed VC Paper 72-2 [English | French] on the second Validation of Norway.
- 18 February 2019: Comments on the draft assessment were received from the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy [English].
- 19 February 2019: Final assessment [English].
- 27 February 2019: The Validation Committee discusses VC Paper 74-3 [English | French] on the second Validation of Norway.
On 4 December 2017, the EITI Board found that Norway had made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard. The EITI Board established five corrective actions related to:
- Civil society engagement (#1.3)
- MSG oversight (#1.4)
- Work plan (#1.5)
- Public debate (#7.1)
- Review of outcomes and impact (#7.4)