Guidance note 19 on publishing EITI data
Guidance note 19 - Requirements 5.3.b, 6.2.c and 6.2.d (2013 Standard) / Requirement 7.2 (2016 Standard)
Please note that this guidance refers to the 2013 Standard. In most cases, the requirements remain the same and the guidance valid. An updated version reflecting the 2016 Standard will follow soon.
A core product of the EITI process in implementing countries is an annual EITI Report, containing figures as well as narrative text (“data”) on the country’s extractives industries. The 2016 EITI Standard includes several requirements to promote open data (see also: the EITI's open data policy).
In addition, implementing countries are also required to publish summary data in accordance with the Summary Data Template.
- Producing and publishing electronic data files including examples from countries
- Submitting summary data to the International Secretariat
- Publishing data in machine-readable form
- Classifying data according to national and international classifications
- Data management systems and automated online disclosure including examples from countries
- Digital tools to make the data accessible including examples from countries